Typically things get rolling by late March if the weather Gods look out for us. I have a gut feeling though, that this year we might just get some early fishing in. The weather has just been so mild. We’ll have to wait and see. The proposed end date is in early May, though we might get to fish right on through May this year, have to see what the law ends up saying.
Anyway, as always I fill up my book quickly for this popular season. If you would like to come out and give it a shot give me a call or e-mail to reserve a date.
Last year we landed one of the biggest fish we have seen on board my boat in recent years, a 52 inch slob who likely topped 50 lbs, and there are bigger ones out there.
Season Quick Facts:
- Open Dates March 1 to May 10 (approx.)
- Docked and leaving from Havre De Grace, MD City Yacht Basin (30 minutes North of Baltimore)
- Catch and Release Striper Fishing on Flies and Light Tackle
- Trips are 6-7 Hours, Morning and Evening $500 for the boat up to 4 anglers
- All gear provided if needed, as is friendly fly fishing and casting instruction
- Advice is free.