Monday, May 19, 2014

Susquehanna Flats Light Tackle Fishing

I kept the boat in Havre de Grace this year longer than I have before.  The state opened up fishing on the flats on May 16 again with a one fish slot limit. I was hoping to get another week in of fishing since water temps remained in the mid 60's, but was limited to just 3 more trips due to the heavy rain Friday.  The Conowingo dam opened 9 flood gates and put a quick end to what was some great light tackle fishing over the weekend.






We caught a bunch of nice fish Friday and Saturday fishing poppers and swimming plugs on light spinning tackle. I was really hoping to get a few more days of fishing in as there were plenty of fish around. I am taking the boat south tomorrow to fish a few trips on eastern bay, before heading to Crisfield, MD for a few weeks of fishing for speckled trout, redfish, and rockfish.  I will have the boat in the Ocean City area all Summer long fishing inshore trips if you are up for fishing.  Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment